Sunday, August 30, 2009

Black & Decker 12-Inch 3.5-AMP Electric Bump Feed String Trimmer and Edger #ST4000

Featuring a 180-degree rotating head for easy edge trimming, this electric bump feed string trimmer from Black & Decker is ideal for a variety of post-mowing yard maintenance jobs, including light landscaping. Lightweight yet powerful, the ST4000 owes its reliable performance to a 3.5 Amp motor that spins at 10,000 RPM and cuts a 12-inch cutting path. Feeding the spool is a snap--just tap the trimmer on the ground--and a textured top handle can be adjusted for better comfort and control. And to help protect against unintended unplugging while you're working, there's a handy cord retention system. The ST4000 also operates at a quieter level than many other models, and converts to an edger with just one touch of the "Groom 'n' Edge" button. For added peace of mind, it comes with a 2-year warranty.
Customer Review: Pretty Good
I've had one of these for five years. It is certainly powerful enough for my small, suburban yard that is within reach of a 50' extension cord, and I have never thought about the weight (that being a good thing). The power is enough that I do not wear sandals, and I do wear safety glasses (a cool (not dorky?) looking DeWalt tinted/UV pair I picked up as an Amazon cart filler). I'd say the durability is good as I am in the class that while I don't abuse my tools, I don't baby them either; I put them to the task. I can see from the picture that B&D has fixed the main problem I have with mine (it has the shorter edge guide with the mount that breaks). I had had it with that edge guide, so I bought a same-priced Craftsman. I tried the Craftsman for 20 min. I spent more time re-starting the string than trimming (I am definitely returning it; it's heavier, too). So I decided to take another stab at fixing my B&D ST4000, and I finally came up with a good fix (I'll try posting a customer image). I imagine I'll get a few more good years out of it.
Customer Review: Perfect Trimmer/Edger
We are extremely pleased with our Black and Decker 12-inch electric bump feed string trimmer and edger. We had purchased one of the new automatic feed trimmers in the spring from Wal-Mart and it just feeds through string like mad! It was a disaster. We couldn't find any of the bump styles in Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Home Depot, but thanks to Amazon, we were able to purchase a new bump trimmer. So, stock up everyone - you'll really hate those automatic trimmers!!!!!


cordless electric trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment